Plans and Maps
Below you can find current, future and historical maps, plans, projects, proposals and photos that relate to the Anacostia River and surrounding parks and communities.
- River of Resilience: An Anacostia Watershed Story Map by Krista Schlyer
- Anacostia Rising: A Multimedia article by WAMU 88.5
Current and previous plans and efforts
This list of previous and ongoing planning efforts will be regularly updated. This blog post from January 2017 summarizes some of these planning efforts.
- 2017 National Park Service Draft Management Plan for Anacostia Park
- For a Cleaner Anacostia River - The Anacostia River Sediment Project - District Department of Energy and Environment (DOEE)
- 11th Street Bridge Park project
- RFK Stadium redevelopment project, EventsDC
- National Capital Planning Commission 2006 study of reuse strategies and enhancements to the RFK Stadium site.
- 2016 National Park Service Buzzard Point Development Concept Site Plan
- Other National Park Service planning efforts in National Capital Parks - East
- 2006 Comprehensive Plan for DC
- 2003 Anacostia Waterfront Framework Plan
- Hill East District Redevelopment - District Deputy Mayor's Office of Planning and Economic Development
- Southeast Boulevard Environmental Assessment - District Department of Transportation (DDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Wildlife Action Plan - DOEE
- Play DC Plan - Department of Parks and Recreation
- DC Rail Plan
- 2007 Kenilworth Avenue Corridor Study - DDOT
Anacostia Watershed Maps
The images to the right illustrate the Anacostia River watershed and the section of the river that passes through the District of Columbia.